.GW is strongly committed to respecting and ensuring the privacy of users of the website and the respective security of your personal data.
In addition to what is referred in the personal data protection policy reproduced below, within the scope of its performance, the .GW assumes and recognizes as fundamental a commitment to:
- Respect your privacy and the selection of content you consult on this site;
- Identify and limit the processing of any personal data collected to what is strictly necessary to successfully complete the requested action;
- In cases where it is necessary to collect your personal data, the use of this information is described in the terms of the present document and with respect to the applicable legislation on the privacy and protection of personal data;
- Not to use your data for purposes other than those that have been identified and previously communicated;
- Treat your data according to the applicable legislation, taking into account the security and protection measures that appear as necessary and applicable.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
.GW is committed to ensuring that its costumers have greater control over their personal data, in line with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the “GDPR”). In this sense, we wish to ensure that the processing of personal data collected in the course of registration of a .gw domain is lawful, fair and transparent.
It is against this background and with a view to clarifying concepts and principles that we provide the information below, which should be understood without prejudice to the need to consult the applicable laws, regulations and administrative guidelines.
Personal data is any information of any nature and regardless of its support, including sound and image, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject).
It is considered identifiable any person that can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to a name, identification number, location data, identifiers by electronic means or one or more specific elements of its physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The National Regulatory Authority, Information Technology and Communication of Guinea Bissau act as controller of the personal data to which they have access in the scope of the management, registration and maintenance of domains under the ccTLD.GW.
Personal Data Processing
The processing of personal data consists of an operation or a set of operations carried out on personal data or personal data sets, by automated means, or not, namely the collection, registration, organization, structuring, preservation, adaptation, recovery, consultation, use, disclosure, dissemination, comparison, interconnection, limitation, deletion or destruction.
Purpose of data processing
In this context, .GW treats your personal data based on a legitimate interest and with the goal of:
- Respond to your questions or provide you with information, in particular in the cases where you fill out and send us our forms or use an email address provided by us;
- Develop and maintain this website with the quality and safety intended;
- Provide technical assistance;
- Contribute to the prevention and detection of fraud;
- Provide the services inherent to our activity and skills.
In duly identified cases, the processing of personal data by the .GW can still be done:
- In the context of pre-contractual procedures requested or already within the scope of the contractual relationship arising from the registration of a .gw domain;
- In the management of the contractual relationship, which includes contacts, via web platform, email and/or telephone for notifications, clarification of questions or conducting satisfaction and evaluation of services surveys;
- If .GW has obtained your consent, as data subject, to treat them based on specific, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- When it is necessary for the fulfillment of legal obligations.
Data subjects’ rights
As data subject, you can exert the following rights:
- Right of access to your respective personal data;
- Right to rectification of any personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure of your personal data;
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to portability of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- Right to complain to the Portuguese supervisory authority, the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (cnpd.pt), should you believe that any of the above rights has been breached.
Processors, disclosure and transfer of personal data
In the treatment of the personal data of its clients, the .GW uses outsourced entities, namely, to registrar entities, in which case technical and organizational measures for data protection will always be implemented.
Thus, any entity subcontracted by .GW will treat the personal data of our customers in the name and on behalf of .GW, taking the necessary measures to protect such data against destruction, accidental or unlawful, accidental loss, alteration, diffusion or unauthorized access and any other form of illicit treatment.
Your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to court authorities and to any entity to which the law assigns powers in respect of criminal investigation or whose mission is to oversee or ensure compliance with the legislation applicable, in particular, to the protection of consumer rights, intellectual property, communications, security, public health and trade practices in general.
Only personal data necessary for their intended purpose will be disclosed and transferred.
What data is collected
In addition to the duly specified cases which derive, in particular, from the provision of the .GW domain registration service and navigation on this site with the contours outlined below in the Cookies Policy, through your use of this site and always with previous voluntary action of the holder of the data, may be processed the following personal data: name, email address, telephone number and contact address.
Record retention periods
The record retention periods clearly resulting from the law. In addition to personal data falling within the aforementioned scope, the remaining personal data will be stored and kept as long as necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, not being foreseen, except in exceptional cases which may arise from the need to maintain a record of messages of a particular user, that the storage period exceed six months.
Notification and Complaint
You can send direct notification to .GW, through the contacts indicated below. You can also complain directly to the Portuguese Data Protection Authority, Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (CNPD), using the contacts made available by this entity for this purpose.
All matters relating to the protection of your personal data should be addressed to email@example.com.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that a site places in a user’s computer or mobile device, in the browser, when the site is visited.
Cookies help the site recognize the user on a future visit.
Cookies only collect information about user preferences, not including your personal data.
What are cookies used for
Cookies are used to help determine the usefulness, interest and number of uses of the sites, enabling faster and more efficient browsing and eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
Types of Cookies
It can be used two groups of cookies:
Persistent Cookies – They are stored in the browser, on your devices (PC, mobile and tablet), and are used whenever the user makes a new visit to our site. Usually, they are used to direct the navigation according to the interests of the user, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
Session Cookies – They are temporary, remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site. The information obtained through these cookies allows to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
What kind of cookies do we use and for what purposes
Essential Cookies – Some cookies are essential to access specific areas of our website. It allows site navigation and usage of your applications, such as accessing secure areas of the website through login. Without these cookies, the services that require it cannot be provided.
More information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org
Any of the foregoing arrangements may be amended in accordance with the law, judicial decision or recommendation of the competent administrative authority.
If this happens, the information will be updated as soon as possible.